Saturday, March 28, 2020
Day 8: Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) to Johannesburg
Day 8: Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) to Johannesburg
We woke up at 7:15 AM, showered and finished up packing our stuff. We went down to the buffet breakfast at 8 AM. I had an omelette with tomato, mushroom and cheese, fruit, yogurt, danishes and juice. At 9 AM, I went and had a 50 minute body massage and Allison had a 30 minute foot massage. The massage was fine and I went back to the room at 10 AM to meet Allison. We hung out in the room until 10:30 AM and then went to the main lobby to check out and grab our van to the airport at 11 AM. At the airport, we checked in and went thru passport control, but still had an hour before boarding began so I went to check out the shops in the terminal. They all sold the same crap, i.e. animal sculptures, old Zimbabwe money, etc... After walking around for a little bit, I reconnected with the group who was already hanging out in the Business Lounge. I had a couple of snacks and odd fruit drinks, i.e. sweet plum drink and a lychee drink. We then went to the gate to start boarding and got on the plane at 12:45 PM. The flight to Johannesburg was 1 hour and 45 minutes. They served a meal on the plane and I had a Hasda? beer, beef, spinach, pasta dish and a lemon cake for dessert. We landed at 3 PM and went thru passport control, then walked across the street and checked back into the Intercontinental Hotel. We dropped off our bags and then went to the 8th floor where they have an indoor pool and fitness room. I relaxed on a lounge chair by the pool and took a nap. I relaxed there until 6 PM and went back to the room. I showered up and then went downstairs for dinner at 6:30 PM in the hotel restaurant called Quills. For dinner I had a hot seafood pot as a starter and a cauliflower, potato and pea curry for an entree along with a passion fruit sorbet for dessert. While we were eating dinner, some random woman started walking around and playing the Saxophone. Dinner took awhile and we went back to the room at 9 PM. We hung out in the room and I watched a TV documentary show about Serpico. I ended up going to bed around 10:30 PM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment