Day 1 and 2: Atlanta - Orlando - Dubai - Johannesburg May 23rd 2018
Woke up at 5:45 AM and left the house around 6:30 AM. Got to the airport around 7:15AM. Gave Zack my boarding pass and platinum Amex so he could go to the Delta Sky Club for breakfast. Allison gave Hannah hers so they could meet Grandma Gail there. We took off at 9:00 AM for our flight to Orlando. There were multiple crying babies right behind us on the flight. Thank God it was a only a one hour flight to Orlando and landed around 10 AM. We had to get our luggage and check back in for our Emirates flight to Dubai. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 2:40 PM and it was only 11 AM so we went to the Emirates Sky Club to hang out. I had some food and drinks and watched TV for a couple of hours until our flight. Around 2 PM we headed to the boarding area and got on the plane. Since the flight to Dubai was 14 hrs I had a lot of time to kill. I watched Jumaji, Black Panther and Game 7 of the Stanley Cup where The Capitals beat the Lightning. We were in Business Class and they served us very nice food. For lunch, I had a beef tenderloin, chicken curry with rice along with a Tiger beer. During the flight we also had a light snack of sweet and sour prawns over rice. I slept for a couple of hours but it was a long flight. For Breakfast, I had a mushroom omelette, yogurt and a danish. When we flew over Dubai I had a great view of the city from the plane and saw the Burj Khalifa, which is the tallest building in the world. We landed at 4 AM EST (12 PM local) after a very long flight. When we got off the plane we took a bus ride from gate A to C (about a 10 minute ride). Since our next flight to Johannesburg didn't leave until 2:10 PM, we had some free time. We decided to go hang out at the Emirates Club for 1.5 hours. The Club was awesome with a huge variety of food and drinks. I tried a bunch of different local dishes. We then headed over to the boarding area for our next flight to Johannesburg which took about 7 hours. Our flight was delayed due to a Typhoon which we needed to go around. On the plane, I watched the movie Frozen and ate hummus along with wrapped grape leaves and salmon. Then for dinner, I had Butter Chicken with basmati rice and fresh fruit. We finally landed at 9:15 PM local (3:15 PM EST). At customs, we had 3 people met us there to help "expedite" the process even though we ran into some delays with the passport control lines. One of the people, had a wheelchair for Gail to help move her around. After we went thru customs at 10 PM, we walked across the street from the airport to the Johannesburg Intercontinental hotel. It was a big day of flying. We left our house in Atlanta @ 6:30 AM EST on Wednesday and go to the hotel at 10:15 PM (local time), which was 4:15 PM EST on Thursday. At the hotel, Zack and I decided to go to the steam room to relax. We hung out there steaming and showering, until 11 PM when we went back to the room and PASSED OUT.
No comments:
Post a Comment